[cisco-voip] Field Notice: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 12.0(x) does not support some deprecated phone models - Cisco

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon May 1 15:38:11 EDT 2017

Yeah – the mapping of replacement phones will be interesting. For so many reasons. I’m hoping we can continue with a “basic” model and an “advanced model” – with the advanced model having things people want (but don’t need?) like colour, GB connection, multi-lines, etc.

I’m hoping the learning curve isn’t that bad as well – but there will be some learning curve that we need to plan for.

The biggest issue? The have’s and have not’s. Even migrating a building at a time, people will see these new phones and all it takes is the right person to complain and our migration strategy is shot. ☹

Not looking forward to it.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure