[cisco-voip] CME Internal Voice Quality Issues

Sreekanth sknth.n at gmail.com
Tue May 9 05:58:00 EDT 2017

When troubleshooting voice quality issues, it is important to take packet
captures from multiple points in the RTP path.
It also helps if we have some pattern in the issue.

Are you seeing the voice quality issue only when phones of a particular
combination of sites are conversing? For instance, only between phones of
site A and B, or B and C?

Since the 2 phones conversing are skinny, and registered to the same CME,
the RTP path is going to be directly between them and not going through the
CME.

Have you tried taking packet captures at the 2 phones in the call, and
observe the delay, jitter and skew of the packets arriving from the other
site, and vice versa? It would also help if you took packet captures at the
edge routers and filtered them with the IP addresses of the 2 phones
involved in the call.