[cisco-voip] Cisco 7942 phone Echoing.

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Mon May 15 21:21:23 EDT 2017

I'm assuming you're dealing with TDM/analog technologies here. More often than not you're up against something called, "Talker's Echo" in which the local talker is hearing their voice duplicated back on their receiver. Many times, this comes from too much power coming from the local gateway and the excess signal is reflected back at the gateway from the PSTN.

If the the far-end is hearing an echo, it is generally due to equipment at the far end (nothing you can usually control).

To try and reduce local end echo / signal duplication; go into the configuration of the voice port paired with the interface for the voice card (Ex. voice-port 0/0/1:23) and reduce the input gain (Ex. input gain -3).

Thanks,

Ryan