[cisco-voip] Need help with SIP FAX Configuration.

Hamu Ebiso hebiso2010 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 16:41:34 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

Has any body experiencing configuring RICOH MP C5503  for SIP FAX on Either CUCM as 3th party SIP or on voice gateway?

11.0 CUCM

SIP FAX: RICOH MP C5503

Voice router 4431.

I have configured Route Pattern in CUCM and pointed the router group and then to the voice gateway.

I configured Dial peer in voice router but when I dial the FAX is not picking up. When I try to dial out, nothing is happening as well.

Dial Peer as shown below:

dial-peer voice 500 voip
 description Ricoh 072
 destination-pattern 10 digit #
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:x.x.x.x
 voice-class codec 1
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad
!
dial-peer voice 501 voip
 description Ricoh 073
 destination-pattern 10 digit #
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:x.x.x.x
 voice-class codec 1
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte

I'm just wondering if I'm missing any configuration.

if you can point to the any document that I can follow to make sure everything is setup correctly, that would be appreciated.