[cisco-voip] doing more with CUC notification devices?

Ben Amick bamick at HumanArc.com
Wed Sep 20 15:20:19 EDT 2017

That was along the lines of my thoughts as well. I know the UnityDataDump tool provides VM Count (24h) and (7d), so theoretically the counter exists, and through the Message Archiver app you can pull the statistics of messages in a mailbox before you archive them, so I would imagine you could build a tool that would query every hour or so, and if the VM Count (24h) increments at all, pull the data of the newest message(s) in that mailbox. Not a canned solution, but if you’ve got developers behind you a theoretical solution.

Ben Amick
Unified Communications Analyst

From: cisco-voip [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Ryan Huff
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:16 PM
To: Nick Barnett <nicksbarnett at gmail.com>
Cc: Cisco VoIP Group <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] doing more with CUC notification devices?

I'm thinking a polling script against the CUMI API to get new / old message counts:

https://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unity_Connection_Messaging_Interface_(CUMI)_API

I think the useful sections might be be the MessageCount property in the "Mailbox Folder Operations/Inbox Folder Operations/".

Thanks,

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone