[cisco-voip] CUCM 10.5 and Office 365

James Andrewartha jandrewartha at ccgs.wa.edu.au
Wed Sep 27 02:47:02 EDT 2017

On 27/09/17 13:12, Nathan Reeves wrote:
> To be honest it was the best thing to happen.  After inheriting a
> customer setup where they were using AA's on O365, with Cube acting as
> the SBC, we saw endless issues with calls being answered but no audio
> heard.  Wouldn't work for a varied length of time only to just start
> working again.  Managed to move them over to Unity Call Handlers and
> we've not skipped a beat since.  Like you, being in AU, we also saw
> latency through to the O365 tenancy, though I'm suspecting the issues we
> saw were not latency related.

Hmm. AAs are less of an issue, we can leave them on the on-premises
Exchange server that a hybrid configuration leaves behind for
management. Voicemail is the main thing, at the moment it seems our
choices are go to Exchange 2016 on-premises or switch to Unity
Connection (we already have CUWL Standard for some reason) then go to
Exchange Online. Is there a third option?

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer