[cisco-voip] 8865 + KEM + Video Calls

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:40:25 EDT 2018

The module is the single LCD flat one, not the dual screen angled one.  The
module in CUCM is listed as "BEKEM 36-Button Line Expansion Module" as
opposed to "CP-8800-Video 28 Button Key Expansion Module" or even
"CP-8800-Audio 28 Button Key Expansion Module"

Interestingly, I have both an 11.5(1)SU3 and an 11.5(1)SU4 deployment to
look at, and the SU3 one doesn't have the newer KEM selections in the drop
down, but the SU4 one does.  So, you would think that the SU4 Release Notes
would mention it, but there's nothing in there.

I'd be surprised if the module itself is causing the phone to negotiate
video or not, but I suppose Cisco does like to keep us on our toes.