[cisco-voip] dev packs - ugh

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Aug 17 17:12:41 EDT 2018

I have to tell you, figuring out when to install a dev pack or not is confusing as hell to me. The documentation never includes (or is updated to include) SUs.

Can I assume (*scream*) that if I need any of the database updates included in the readme for a dev pack that is dated after my SU, that I need to install that dev pack? Is going by date enough?

Are dev packs cumulative? Their readmes don't appear so. A database update note that appears in one dev pack does not appear in the later dev pack release notes.

Here's my scenario:

I'm on CUCM 11.5(1)SU4 (dated 05-FEB-2018) and we're looking to deploy some 8832 and 8865 phones. CUCM 11.5(1)SU4 has default firmware listed for both these phones in the readme. This is what the TAC told me indicates that v11.5(1)SU4 supports the phones without the need for a dev pack.

When I look to the dev pack downloads page, I see the following dev packs available that are dated after 05-FEB-2018:

11.5(1.15078) - 04-Jun-2018
11.5(1.16083) - 13-Aug-2018

v11.5(1.15078) shows database updates for 7800/8800 series phones, 8832 conference phone. Fine, I'm good with that.
11.5(1.16083) does not show updates for any of the 8800 series phones, but does show updates for "Collaboration Endpoint Software" - which I think I might need.

So, is my process correct - I need to install only 11.5(1.16083) since it's cumulative and includes v11.5(1.15078) which has things I need? And I don't have to worry about any of the others because they were dated earlier than 05-FEB-2018?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook