[cisco-voip] recovery disk - what's it worth?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Aug 23 11:43:06 EDT 2018

Our disaster recovery plan has always been boot with disk/ios image and restore from latest backup. We’ve tested this on a few occasions and it works well. Well, as good as documentation can be expected.

We typically try to do this as quickly as possible after an upgrade to ensure the bootables we have work and we have the appropriate inline upgrade ISO images. We get the bootables through PUT when required and the upgrades through CCO software downloads. We usually also try to get the bootables published by the TAC for us. For example, PUT only has v11.5(1)SU3b bootables, not SU4.

The question is… what scenarios are the recovery disks used for? Have people used those? Have they worked?

For some reason, I’m flashbacking to wordperfect recovery software that never recovered a single file. 😉

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook