[cisco-voip] CallManager and PLM 11.5.1 ports (firewall issues)

Jason Aarons (Americas) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Fri Dec 21 10:50:11 EST 2018

   Have a centralized Prime License Manager (PLM) for several clusters.   One cluster the Product Instance shows "Unknown error".  We have firewalls between PLM and clusters.

I hit Test Connection in PLM and see traffic from source PLM coming in to remote cluster on TCP/443 and then I see traffic back source TCP/443 to destination TCP/56648 and then lots of TCP retransmissions.  The GUI in PLM says "Test Connection Failed.The cause of the error is unknown. Check the Cisco Prime License Manager log for details."

I can't find in the Port Usage guide where TCP/56648 is documented?  What log file do I look at via RTMT on PLM?

[cid:image001.png at 01D4991A.D30EF800]

Jason Aarons, CCIEx2 No. 38564
Advanced Technology Consultant
Dimension Data