[cisco-voip] anyone try solaborate hello?

Terry Oakley Terry.Oakley at rdc.ab.ca
Thu Feb 1 14:49:49 EST 2018

I will chime in as well.   From a higher ed funded institution (publicly funded by tax dollars) the ability to find less costly solutions is always at the forefront.   We fortunately are a Cisco shop from VC to network but we are constantly under pressure to find a cheaper solution.   That in itself causes a lot of dollars to be spent on purchasing a third party product and then massaging it to work as intended.   Sometimes the capital dollars are easy to solve for the purchase, it is the operational dollars that get hard to justify and even harder to acquire and resource.   It is a never ending battle to see where and what direction we will go with every shrinking budgets.   With so much invested in our infrastructure to date it seems odd that that investment would not be valued but sadly it does not always seem that way.    Not like it is in the corporate side or what appears to be like.

Just my 2 (1 ½) cents worth.

Terry

Terry Oakley
Telecommunications Coordinator | Information Technology Services
Red Deer College |100 College Blvd. | Box 5005 | Red Deer | Alberta | T4N 5H5
work (403) 342-3521   |  FAX (403) 343-4034