[cisco-voip] Cisco 7975 or 7965 stuck at speaker button Red LED, sorry if this is a repost

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Feb 12 11:11:23 EST 2018

There are 3 I can find documented internally.
1. Soft Reset (documented publicly)
2. Hard Reset (see below)
3. Hard Reset but keep network settings (Terry’s)

The hard reset is:
3491672850*# - the “nuke it from orbit” option which is a total format the flash, hard reset but does not preserve the network.

Prior to version 8.3.3 only the first 2 existed, but number 2 unintentionally kept the network preferences, acting like number 3 does today (see CSCsi60439).

-Ryan