[cisco-voip] Phone equipment refresh?

Jeremy Bresley brez at brezworks.com
Mon Jan 29 14:48:48 EST 2018

None of those models are deprecated even in CUCM 12.0.  The phones
deprecated in 11.5 are the old Selsius models, and the really old
7902/05/10/12, 7920 wireless and the 7935 conference phones.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/fieldNotice/cucm_b_fn-deprecated-phone-models-1151.html
12.0 added the 7921 and 7970/7971 phones to the deprecated list. The
list for 12.5 is not published yet.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/12_0_1/deprecated_phones/cucm_b_deprecated-phone-models-for-1201.html

Talk to your AM/SE to find out what models will be deprecated in 12.5,
the last info I saw was that the list wasn't finalized yet, but they
were considering waiting for post 12.5 to deprecate any more phones (I
am not a PM, just an SE, this is subject to change, etc).  The next big
ones will probably be the 7940/60 as those run much older code than the
7941/42/61/62s, and the limited memory/flash on those phones makes
supporting new features very difficult.  The suggestion up-thread about
MigrationFX is a good one as well, talk to your Cisco account team about
the promos for getting on current phones, there's a lot of benefits to
doing so, especially if you're still on phones old enough not to be GigE
(MRA support, SIP based, much nicer screens, Bluetooth support on some
models, etc).

Jeremy Bresley
brez at brezworks.com