[cisco-voip] One Way Voice on Cisco-Asterisk

Sreekanth sknth.n at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 02:44:22 EDT 2018

Dear Wilson,

On 5 July 2018 at 11:56, Tony Kasule <timotsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sreekanth,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> When I enabled MTP on the cisco call manager, I could no longer get audio
> even o the cisco to asterisk calls (that were working before). Audio was
> restored when I disabled MTP option on the call manager. I later came to
> learn that the MTP option is not required when using he same codec both
> sides.

MTPs are only required for functions such as dtmf mismatch and
packetization mismatches between the 2 legs, or if you'd like to force
Early Offer. The CUCM will invoke an MTP on its own if the call requires it.

> I also checked on the cisco 7945 phone and during the call from asterisk
> to cisco (which has no audio) and I noticed that Sender Packets is counting
> and incrementing but Receiver Packets is 0. Does this mean that the cisco
> phone is not receiving any packets, and if so, why?

What is the remote IP address and port? Yes this means that packets are not
making it from remote end to the phone.

> In the asterisk SIP debug, i saw Content-Length: 0 in the exchanges but I
> wonder what would cause that.

Which message had the Content length 0? Can you paste a snippet here?

> Lastly, the SDP IP addresses appear to be ok. I only see the 2 IPs of the
> devices communicating. I also went to asterisk's rtp.conf and disabled
> strictrtp but no joy yet. Asterisk to cisco calls are silent yet cisco to
> asterisk calls are ok.

If you could paste the entire SIP dialog debug here, we can take a look to
see what exactly is going on in the exchange.

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Regards,
> wilson

Thanks