[cisco-voip] One Way Voice on Cisco-Asterisk

Tony Kasule timotsmith at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 02:26:26 EDT 2018

Dear Sreekanth,

Thanks for your response.

When I enabled MTP on the cisco call manager, I could no longer get audio
even o the cisco to asterisk calls (that were working before). Audio was
restored when I disabled MTP option on the call manager. I later came to
learn that the MTP option is not required when using he same codec both
sides.

I also checked on the cisco 7945 phone and during the call from asterisk to
cisco (which has no audio) and I noticed that Sender Packets is counting
and incrementing but Receiver Packets is 0. Does this mean that the cisco
phone is not receiving any packets, and if so, why?

In the asterisk SIP debug, i saw Content-Length: 0 in the exchanges but I
wonder what would cause that.

Lastly, the SDP IP addresses appear to be ok. I only see the 2 IPs of the
devices communicating. I also went to asterisk's rtp.conf and disabled
strictrtp but no joy yet. Asterisk to cisco calls are silent yet cisco to
asterisk calls are ok.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
wilson