[cisco-voip] Traditional Location based CAC - CUCM 10.5

Jon Fox jonfoxipt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 13:40:52 EDT 2018

Hello All,

Wondering if you can provide some assistance.
We had a issue recently with regards a clients location based can configuration. TAC provided some details but I was a little confused about their response.

Let me try and explain the set up (its really rather basic)

PHONES (LOCATION_A) >>>> SIP TRUNK (LOCATION_B) >>>>TO SIP PROVIDER

SITE_A PHONES USING > LOCATION_A >>> LINKED ONLY WITH >>> HUB_NONE (AUDIO BANDWIDTH 1800kbps)

SIP_TRUNK USING > LOCATION_B >>> LINKED ONLY WITH >>> HUB_NONE ( AUDIO BANDWIDTH 4812kbps)

But there is no association/Link "directly" between LOCATION_A and LOCATION_B

Would this cause issues? I was under the impression that the locations had to be fully linked for this to work correctly.

Cisco Tac response was this:

SITE_A is using the location LOCATION_A which has 4812Kbps of bandwidth for Audio. We don’t need to do associate LOCATION_B to LOCATION_A. The reason is all location are association to HUB_NONE.

Hope that's clear, any assistance would be most useful.

Many thanks.

Jon