[cisco-voip] e911

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 07:54:50 EST 2018

Great points Ryan.

We have a standard 9-1-1 disclaimer in our scopes (as I’m sure many VARs do), though it primarily focuses on location and alerting versus access.  I would imagine it would now also need to include reference to this mandate prohibiting restrictions to direct access of 9-1-1 services... i.e. call it out BEFORE the sale to establish baseline notification to the customer.

We also use the Uplinx Reporting Tool (unpaid plug) to capture a snapshot of the CUCM configuration database during handoff to customers,  as well as pre-upgrade and post-upgrade snapshots during upgrades of existing systems.  Something like Uplinx or AXL/SOAP exports, BAT exports, or anything with time stamps bound to the config data will be crucial for everyone going forward.

Sent from a mobile device with very tiny touchscreen input keys. Please excude my typtos.