[cisco-voip] ILS PSTN Failover - rerouting on Destination out of order (Q.850; cause=27)

daniele visaggio visaggio.daniele at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:29:17 EDT 2018

Good evening,

I want to enable rerouting for enterprise pattern learned via ILS.The
scenario is a classic sme plus leaves.

Rerouting over pstn does not occur for the following cause codes:

- unallocated number
- user busy
- normal call clearing
- destination out of order
- service not available

I'd like instead to trigger rerouting on Q.850;cause=27 (destination out of
order) and on service not available.

With cucm 11.5 this doesn't seem possible.

Destination out of order is the Q.850 code I get calling a unregistered
phone (think srst scenario). In this case rerouting over pstn would be
useful.

ILS rerouting over pstn does not trigger even if the outgoing sip trunk to
sme is out of service ( 503 Service Unavailable or 408 Timeout ).

The only scenario in which I managed to trigger the behavior is cac.
Playing with locations is the only way I found to reroute over pstn.

Any thought on this?

thank you