[cisco-voip] Fax !!! at my wits end!!!

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Fri Mar 23 12:51:01 EDT 2018

Based on this (regarding the MTP), and the previous SDP audio header; it’s very clear something is changing the DTMF method (which is why MTP is “fixing” it). Non negotiable DTMF can absolutely cause a call to fail, especially faxing (because the other side effectively won’t “hear” the handshake).

In your “bad call” SDP, there was no DTMF method listed, whereas your “good call” SDP listed 101 (rtp-nte). In both cases, the codec remained the same (PCMU/8000)

I would get a SIP message log from every joint in the call leg and look for where DTMF is changing and verify every piece in the call leg (and associated node’s/HA’s of said pieces) all support and agree to the same DTMF method (also verify you’re supporting at least one OOB DTMF method).