[cisco-voip] Windows AXL Query Tool

Pete Brown jpb at chykn.com
Wed Mar 28 11:25:04 EDT 2018

(forgot to hit "reply all" when I sent this a minute ago)

Anthony,

You pointed out a glaring error in the name.  I should have called it AXL SQL Query or something.  That's why the binary is so small; I stripped out the other methods in the WSDL aside from executeSQLQuery.

The AXL SQL Toolkit that comes with CUCM is helpful if you're a developer.  Otherwise it's pretty much useless.  You have to be familiar with a programming language and SOAP in order to use it (outside of SoapUI, that is).  And you have to be familiar with the data dictionary.  It doesn't really provide a way to just get in and explore the tables (and data) like you can in MS SQL Studio.

That's the goal for this app.  Give UC folks with no programming experience an easy way to get in and start looking at table data.  Click on the server to query, click the table name and immediately spit back the first 10 records as sample data.  Once someone gets familiar with the tables, they can write their own queries.

And for those of us who do have a bit of programming experience, it's still nice to have a GUI tool that lets you quick browse data or run ad-hoc queries without recompiling every time.  Yes, you can run it via SSH directly on the Call Manager, but copying/pasting and reformatting results from the CLI can be a pain.  Especially with large result sets.