[cisco-voip] Log Parser for RTMT

Kent Roberts kent at fredf.org
Fri Mar 30 23:26:19 EDT 2018

Hi all.

So I am one of the few people that have worked with CUCM since Cisco started with CallManager, back in 2000’s.  As such, there is one thing that I have always hated, and that was reading the logs cause there is just soooooo much stuff there.

I wrote a set of scrips a couple years ago, that is designed to parse the RTMT logs from CUCM and return only data based on the call.

After a few people begging for a copy of it, I decided to make it a real program.

If you find it useful, please contribute to my tax deductible non-profit.  (Facebook has an easy donation program.  Https://www.facebook.com/projecttesn)

If you have Ideas for other stuff you would like to see let me know, I will see what I can do.

So the program works or should work like the following.    (It is beta right now, as I am trying to make it self contained instead of scrips)

Put in the ANI or DNIS.  (Right now I know the extension on cucm works, not sure about the other side yet).   Or the SIP ID.   (This might be hit or miss at the moment)

Push the button to start.  Select the location of the RTMT files.  (Gz’s are ok, it will unpack them)

It will create a -output on the end of the path you provide with the data.

It will collect the calllog files,  and put the revenant data into a file.  Once it finds matches it will start to assemble the data into a file, and copy the SDL files that are tied to it.

The goal is to get only the data related to the call provided, so tracking down what went on is much easier.

Once complete, you can or should be able to load the file with translatorx and have a smaller file to work with.

Find it here.    Please note, I have restricted the running time, as it will need some updates.  Please feel free to help me make it better.   If its negative feedback, please don’t bother.

http://www.projecttesn.org/ckrparse4rtmt.exe <http://www.projecttesn.org/ckrparse4rtmt.exe>

FYI. This is running with a test CERT, and right now not signed, so windows defender may pop up and Symantec will have a cow…. Put should not be any worries.