[cisco-voip] presence install checklist

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:03:32 EDT 2018

I would recommend you read everything on the Jabber support page:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/jabber-windows/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

**Start with the Planning Guide.*

Then you might want to sign up for and watch any Jabber presentations on
ciscolive.com.

https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library/?search=jabber#/

Lastly, have a peek around the Jabber forums, to see what common issues
come up for people time and time again.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/jabber-clients/bd-p/5831-discussions-jabber-clients

Here's a wise tip: Do not underestimate the scale of what you are about to
take on.  Most people I encounter minimize the effort involved in a well
designed and deployed Jabber solution.  There are many different things to
consider, and this product has one of the widest integration offerings of
any other collab product (E.g., PC, Mac OS, AD, DNS, CUC, WebEx, Outlook,
Exchange, MRA, Certificates, Photos, CUCM, IM&P, Mobile devices, etc.)  It
also has the potential to get the most use from your users, over any other
product too.

PSA: That whole Apple Push Notification thing is still looming.  Get ready.
<https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/SU4/cucm_b_deploying-push-notifications-1151su4.html>