[cisco-voip] Moving LDAP Integrated Users across domains

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed May 23 12:26:51 EDT 2018

I had to open a case once, on changing the domain in the JID for rosters in
IM&P, because there is no intuitive way (I.e., GUI Administration) to
change this.

Here are the case notes for the corrective action that was taken:

Actions taken:
===========
+ Anthony explained how he had already worked out that Outlook contacts were
being prioritised for the IM address field when adding new contacts to
Jabber
+ He exported the contact list from IM&P server and modified 300+ entries
that had incorrect JID and imported it back into IM&P
+ The remaining issue was that the old incorrect contact remained in the
rosters table alongside the updated correct contact
+ We tested by adding an incorrect user to Anthony’s contact list and
deleting it from the rosters table but the contact still displayed in Jabber
+ We found that restarting XCP Router, Presence Engine, SIP Proxy services
and restarting Jabber client removed the contact
+ Applied this to all incorrect users

++ Stopped XCP Router
++ Stopped Presence Engine
++ Stopped SIP Proxy
++ Ran the SQL query: run sql delete from rosters where contact_jid like '
beforedomain.com’
++ 306 rows were deleted
++ Started XCP Router
++ Started Presence Engine
++ Started SIP Proxy
++ Started XCP Connection Manager
++ Started XCP Authentication Service
++ Restarted Anthony’s Jabber client to confirm contact was removed