[cisco-voip] multiple domain support for jabber (both internal and MRA)

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu May 24 09:49:32 EDT 2018

Just following up on this.

We use a special discovery domain in order for on-prem and off-prem to work properly, i.e. MRA/Eway. We don’t have split view DNS enabled, so we deployed a set of DNS servers for a subzone which do have split view enabled, e.g. jabber.acme.com.

I did add this domain to the e-way certs. Curious why I would need to add it to the IM&P and CUCM certs.

On IM&P I created a clusterID, but no other reference to the discovery domain. And on CUCM, no reference at all to these discovery domains.

I’m still not 100% clear on JID vs ??? and how that affects stuff. When users enter their userID at discoverydomain.acme.com<mailto:userID at discoverydomain.acme.com> in the first prompt, it flips and removes the FQDN information and just replaces it with their userID and the prompt for their password. But I believe if we stick with “you must login with your userID” we will be safe.

We’re still in pilot mode, considering mass deployment. Will have to consider the options around automatically assigning the discovery domain. But the more we do, the less the user knows. So, they’re stuck with whatever customization we make.

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook