[cisco-voip] CUCM 11.5

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed May 30 16:22:03 EDT 2018

Our applications folks here had initially written Perl scripts to scrape web server data from the phones.

I asked them to disable that after we started getting into problems with the 7900 series phones.. But we scraped this data and compared it with our cable and port map database, and scheduled periodic “pings” with XML to the customer to verify if their location was correct. If not, we logged a ticket for investigation. Was a good idea.

I’m not sure if we can poll that from RIS data but I know we can get some of it from registration details for directly registered endpoints.

We do use CER as well. I have an awful Perl script that takes exported ERL/Port data and compares it to port map, to update the location comment field and ensure the proper ERL is set. This is a massive annoyance for CER as we use room-level ERLs. You cannot rename ERLs in CER and the API is useless to manage the content of the application. Also last we learned “delete” doesn’t often delete anything in the database which runs up against capacity problems if you believe the datasheets.

Adam