[cisco-voip] WAN Delays > 80ms for CUCM cluster?

Nick Barnett nicksbarnett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:57:17 EST 2018

We all know the max latency is 80ms, but ours occasionally goes over. I'm
trying to track down why but the network team cannot find an issue. We are
able to reproduce the issue repeatedly by running "utils dbreplication
runtimestate." Whether this is causing the issue (I doubt it) or that
command just takes long enough to run that it will eventually find a time
that is > 80ms (my guess Is yes)... I'm not 100% sure.

We opened a case with TAC to find out what that command is actually doing,
but they won't divulge the info that our network team needs.

My theory is that it's actually calling some shell script in redhat under
the CLI appliance layer. Has anyone investigated that? Do we know what this
command is actually doing? Specifically, i want to know where it's getting
those ping times... is it running a generic ping with generic datagram
data? Is it sending a 1497 packet of 0x0000 and then 0xFFFF? Basically, I'm
trying to give the network team something to go on because they are saying
it's not them. (Of course they could run a packet capture and tell me
(mostly) what it's doing, but it's hard to get their attention when they
don't think it's on their end).

Thanks,
Nick

P.S.  We have frequent DB replication issues... at least a few times per
quarter. This is so annoying and I'm pretty sure it's due to this latency,
but I can't get anyone to pay attention.