[cisco-voip] WAN Delays > 80ms for CUCM cluster?

Nick Barnett nicksbarnett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:31:54 EST 2018

We think it is happening frequently WITHOUT this command being ran. Weird
stuff happens... like deleting a speed dial and it never goes away... or
changing the distribution order on a route list that auotmatically reverts
back after a few seconds... or maybe the GUI shows it never reverted back
however it is clearly not performing the correct algo. I can duplicate the
RTT issue by raising the packet size to 1200 and doing a repeat 100
packets. it WILL give me times over 80ms. BUT, the SDL traffic is supposed
to be QOS in a certain way and I'm sure that the pings I'm doing are NOT
being classified and queued properly. It is very frustrating that I know
what I'm talking (enough to discuss with them, but it has been 7 years
since I was 100% router jockey) about and can't get them to pay attention
to a probable network issue.

I have an IP SLA running that shows average latency in the 20ms range. IP
SLA is a fake red herring if you ask me... it only looks at an AVERAGE
every 5 minutes and if there are no issues, of course it will look great.

Thanks,
Nick