[cisco-voip] phones working on a dumb switch with voice/data vlans switched properly

Nick Barnett nicksbarnett at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:18:44 EDT 2018

It’d be interesting to see what a wireshark trace looks like. I think Dave
is spot on. If you span the PC port on the phone then run a capture, you
SHOULD probably be able to see the VLAN tag for those phone packets. I
would expect the packets destined for the laptop behind the phone to be
untagged. You could probably see both in a single trace. Everything seems
to be working, it's just fun to dig in sometimes.