[cisco-voip] Any Alertus integrations out there? Successful or otherwise?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Oct 11 20:12:03 EDT 2018

Wondering if anyone out there has attempted or completed an Alertus integration.

Preliminary discussions showed they required updating the Description field of the DN in order to build custom groups if the groups we want couldn’t be built from existing configuration options like partitions. Seems like quite a bit of work and upkeep, with lots of room for error.

It also seemed like they weren’t using the ‘superprovider’ mechanism, because they suggested creating a user and adding each device to the controlled devices section. Again, same issues as above.

The above doesn’t seem bad for a small deployment, but with over four thousand phones, and a model of “move your own phone”, I have a feeling groups would become out of sync quickly.

Feel free to respond off-line.

Lelio

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook