[cisco-voip] Expressway version X8.11.x

ROZA, Ariel Ariel.ROZA at LA.LOGICALIS.COM
Wed Oct 24 13:15:05 EDT 2018

From the 8.11 release notes:

Factory Reset of Peer Leaving Cluster
From X8.11 we have modified the behavior of cluster peers when they are removed from the cluster or when the
cluster is disbanded. This change is part of the unique root of trust improvement in X8.11. To remove a peer from a
cluster you clear all peer address fields on that peer. When you do this, from X8.11, the Expressway prepares itself
to factory reset on the next restart (and displays a banner to remind you that it is in this state).
If you need to avoid the factory reset, restore the clustering peer address fields as they were. Replace the original
peer addresses in the same order, and then save the configuration to clear the banner.
The factory reset is automatically triggered when the peer restarts, to remove sensitive data and clustering
configuration. The reset clears all configuration except the following items, which are preserved so that you can still
access the Cisco Expressway:
■ IP addresses preserved
■ Server certificate, associated private key, and CA trust store preserved
■ Admin and root accounts and passwords preserved
■ SSH keys preserved
■ Option keys preserved
■ HTTPS access enabled
■ SSH access enabled
CAUTION: You MUST follow the published clustering guidance when forming, changing, or upgrading
Expressway clusters. Your cluster may be unrecoverable and you may lose data if you do not follow the correct
sequence. See the Cisco Expressway Cluster Creation and Maintenance Deployment Guide, for your version, on the
Cisco Expressway Series configuration guides page