[cisco-voip] COBRAS Import fail...

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:41:52 EDT 2018

Yes, even if you're the Admin, you still need to run as Admin.  Weird, I
know.  But that's how it goes.

Message shuttle requires both CUC systems to be up and accessible and it
moves messages between the two CUC systems...quickly.  Though, if you
haven't even imported anything, that's kind of pointless.

Anyway, did you also do this:

Task 4: (Optional) Enable SMTP Connectivity For Importing Messages

If you are restoring messages from a COBRAS backup to a Connection 7.0 or
later system you will need to enable access to send SMTP mail messages into
the system.  You must disable any authentication restrictions on the SMTP
service to do this.

1.     Go to the “SMTP Configuration” section of the “System Settings” in
the Cisco Unity Connection Administration web page.

2.     On the “Server” page check the “Allow Connections from Untrusted IP
Addresses”

3.     Uncheck the “Require Authentication from Untrusted IP Addresses”

4.     Select “Disabled” for the “Transport Layer Security from Untrusted
IP Addresses” and save your changes.

*The Unity Connection SMTP Server configuration page should look like this
at the bottom:*