[cisco-voip] Sennheiser TeamConnect Wireless USB Connection

Gary Parker G.J.Parker at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 06:16:36 EDT 2018

Hi all, does anyone have experience of using the Sennheiser TeamConnect Wireless system with a Cisco handset? They seem like a great solution for covering small to medium sized meeting rooms where budget or physical constraints don’t allow for ceiling mounted speaker/mic systems.

We had our Sennheiser rep on site recently to demo the kit and it worked excellently with bluetooth connection when we plugged the Sennheiser bluetooth dongle into an 8851 handset and paired it, but plugging the master unit into the 8851’s USB socket resulted in an error message on the handset something along the lines of the device not being supported “in this release”. I’d hoped it would present itself as USB audio device or headset and “just work” with the handset (it worked fine via USB with my Mac running Jabber) as many other devices do.

We’re buying the TeamConnect gear regardless, but I’d prefer to use a cable connection (keep it simple) and keep the bluetooth available for pairing mobiles if necessary. Ideally I’d like to run it with an 8961.

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/teleconference-meeting-teamconnect-wireless-audio-solutions

---
|     Unified Communications Service Manager      |
n      Loughborough University, IT Services       |
|        https://www.osx.ninja/pubkey.txt         |