[cisco-voip] Application Dial Rule with variable length

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Apr 3 09:13:53 EDT 2019

Hello Reto,

I researched this as best I could and figured out, the only way was to provide a ADR for each possibility. The longest possible is defined by the standards and was the easiest to start from. This assumes that any phone number will be presented _with_ a + but _without_ the 011 dialing prefix, which, I think, is an OK assumption to make. The shortest took more research and is contested by some and also subject to change as the smaller countries require more phone numbers.

Here's my (ordered) list – viewable only after selecting a rule to edit! – for your amusement. It includes local calling for our area which is 10 digits and long distance which is 11 digits. I’ve included one with a plus since there’s been a few of those pop up in our databases which we dip into. I’ve removed three rules since those were just capturing our auto-attendant numbers and dialing people’s extensions directly since they were included in the string we retrieve. (long story, needs beer to explain fully).

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D4E9FD.8DE24140]

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook