[cisco-voip] SSD for UC

Ayoub,Gregory gea at ufl.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:04:18 EDT 2019

I was wondering if anyone has spec'd out UC servers using SSD internal storage.   I don't see Cisco TRCs built with SSD, and while our Cisco reps say it can be done they don't recommend it because of intensive writes.  They also say SSD wears out faster due to high writes from UC.  According to our storage team  Toshiba is the only one even making HDD, and HDD altogether will soon be obsolete.  They recommend SSD and ensure that SSD for enterprise servers is reliable.

Comments/advise or experience with SSD appreciated.

Gregory Ayoub
Network Engineer III
UF Information Technology
720 SW 2nd  AVE STE 360