[cisco-voip] CUCM SU release cycle

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Aug 16 13:20:25 EDT 2019

This may sound silly, but in reality, it's out of my hands. I can make recommendations, but it all depends on the strategic decision the organization takes. Right now, cloud migrations are at the forefront. For a number of reasons.

Our on-premise deployment has a budgetary lifecycle of peaks and valleys. They'd rather see that flatlined. That's one thing. The other thing is that it takes a lot of effort to upgrade systems right now. Not because we don't know what we're doing, but it simply requires effort and co-ordination.  I've had to argue for the last 25 years that telephone services need special attention. Case in point, a completely isolated VM infrastructure since that's the only way we can build those reservations. It's been hard. I think they're sick of hearing it. Well, they've said they're sick of hearing it.

So if there's a cloud service that gives us 10% of the CUCM feature set and 95% of what we need. It might be time.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook