[cisco-voip] UCCX 11.6 HA LAN to WAN

Michael Nickolich michael.nickolich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 10:44:22 EDT 2019

Hello all,

We are looking to geographical separate our HA UCCX 11.6.1 nodes, which are
currently in "data center 1". We will be installing the UCCX Sub at our
other data center across campus, which is connected by 10Gb fiber. "Data
Center 2" already has two UCM Subscribers and this is where the UCCX Sub
will reside. My question is when we install the new Sub, will we select HA
over LAN or HA over WAN? TAC said it needs to be HA over WAN as the Pub and
Sub will be on different networks. TAC also said they would need to have
root access to delete the Sub from the Pub and delete any traces of the old
Sub. Then add the Sub back to the Pub. The documentation does not mention
anything about contacting TAC to gain root access for Switching Network
Deployment from LAN to WAN. Just wondering if their documentation needs
updated or if the TAC engineer misspoke.

We will be keeping the same hostname for the server. Going to have our Sys
Admins to lower the TTL on the original record prior to making these
changes. Once we remove the Sub, have the Sys Admin update the A and PTR
record to point to the new IP and set TTL back to the default. Then verify
DNS resolution to the new IP.
Then install the new UCCX Sub. Still not sure HA over LAN or WAN.
Then update AXL, JTAPI, and RmCM to include one UCM Sub from data center 2
in case there is a total outage in data center 1. Currently AXL only has
the UCM Pub.

Any guidance on any gotchas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,