[cisco-voip] IM&Presence Persistent Chat My Rooms

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 17:17:03 EST 2019

It does seem to be held in the external database.  The IM&P server might
just be compiling the my rooms list dynamically for the user at login,
versus it being held in any one spot.

TC_ROOMS Table

The TC_ROOMS table contains information for group chat rooms.

Column Name

Postgres Datatype

Oracle Datatype

Microsoft SQL Datatype

Not Null

Description

ROOM_JID

VARCHAR (3071)

VARCHAR2 (3071)

varchar (3071)

Yes

The ID of the room.

CREATOR_JID

VARCHAR (3071)

VARCHAR2 (3071)

varchar (3071)

Yes

The ID of the user who created the room.

SUBJECT

VARCHAR (255)

VARCHAR2 (255)

varchar (255)

Yes

The current subject for the room.

TYPE

VARCHAR (32)

VARCHAR2 (32)

varchar (32)

Yes

The constraint check_type. This value must be either "ad-hoc" or
"persistent".

CONFIG

TEXT

CLOB

text

Yes

The entire packet from the last time the room was configured. This
information enables the room to be reconfigured when the room is recreated
(for example, at start-up).

SPACKET

TEXT

CLOB

text

Yes

The entire packet from the last time the subject was set for the room. This
information enables the room subject to be displayed when the room is
recreated.

START_MSG_ID

BIGINT

NUMBER (19)

bigint

Yes

A sequence number that is used to populate the MSG_ID column in the
TC_MSGARCHIVE table.

Do not modify this value.

NEXT_MSG_ID

BIGINT

NUMBER (19)

bigint

Yes

A sequence number that is used to populate the MSG_ID column in the
TC_MSGARCHIVE table.

Do not modify this value.
TC_USERS Table

The TC_USERS table contains roles and affiliations, alternate names, and
other data associated with group chat room users.

Column Name

Postgres Datatype

Oracle Datatype

Microsoft SQL Datatype

Not Null

Description

ROOM_JID

VARCHAR (3071)

VARCHAR2 (3071)

varchar (3071)

Yes

The ID of the room.

REAL_JID

VARCHAR (3071)

VARCHAR2 (3071)

varchar (3071)

Yes

The ID of a user in the room. This value is the actual ID of the user,
rather than an alternate name.

ROLE

VARCHAR (32)

VARCHAR2 (32)

varchar (32)

Yes

The role of the user in the room. This value is constrained to one of the
following: "none", "hidden", "visitor", "participant", or "moderator".

AFFILIATION

VARCHAR (32)

VARCHAR2 (32)

varchar (32)

Yes

The affiliation of the user in the room. This value is constrained to one
of the following: "none", "outcast", "member", "admin", or "owner".

NICK_JID

VARCHAR (3071)

VARCHAR2 (3071)

varchar (3071)

Yes

The ID of the room, plus the alternate name for the user. The format is
room at tc-server/nick.

REASON

VARCHAR (255)

VARCHAR2 (255)

varchar (255)

Yes

The reason entered when the user's affiliation was last changed.

INITIATOR_JID

VARCHAR (3071)

VARCHAR2 (3071)

varchar (3071)

Yes

The ID of the room in which the configuration change occurred.

Source:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/database_setup/11_5_1/cup0_b_database-setup-guide-imp-115/cup0_b_database-setup-guide-imp-115_chapter_0100.html#CUP0_RF_TCBD4E17_00