[cisco-voip] Terminating fax machine sending MPS

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Mon Feb 18 17:42:58 EST 2019

Ran into an issue today with a client where they are having trouble sending
more than one page to a particular destination.

On the sending side is a Brooktrout-based (GFI FaxMaker) server doing SIP
with T.38 going through a Cisco CUBE and out to a SIP carrier which allows
T.38 relay.

For one destination, we send the first page okay then send an MPS
(Multipage signal).  At this point, we should expect an MCF (Message
Confirmation) so we can send the 2nd page.  Instead, we receive an MPS from
the terminating fax machine.

I've never seen this before and was wondering if any fax experts on here
may have seen this one.

Only thing I can think of is it's a way for them to send some sort of
per-page confirmation page?

Thanks,
Brian Meade