[cisco-voip] Access to Persitent Chat archive from 3d party clients

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Feb 19 07:08:35 EST 2019

Hi,

I recently enabled persistent chat on our CUPC 11.5(1) servers. Everything
works fine with the official Jabber desktop clients, but we have several
Linux users that until now have used Pidgin. They can enter the chat rooms,
but they cannot load the chat history. I found that there are two
extensions for XMPP for message archival, XEP-0136 (deprecated) and
XEP-0313 (experimental). I haven't been able to find out if Cisco uses
either of these, or if persistent chat is somehow proprietary. Does anybody
here know something about that?

Cheers,

Sebastian
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.