[cisco-voip] Cisco 8851 shared line question

Paul Bottone paulb at uwo.ca
Mon Jan 7 13:59:17 EST 2019

We had the same issue when we deployed the 8851 and CUCM 10.5 we corrected it by performing the following:
upgraded the 8851 firmware to sip88xx.12-1-1-12
On the device page changing the following:
 Line Mode Field to Enhanced Line Mode
This parameter allows admin to switch between Session Line Mode and Enhanced Line Mode. While in Session Line Mode, the buttons on the left of the screen can be configured as programmable line keys and the buttons on the right of the screen are always session keys. While in Enhanced Line Mode, all the buttons can be configured as programmable line keys.
This is a required field.
Default: Session Line Mode
: Only a limited number of features are supported with Enhanced Line mode. When Session Line mode is selected, only the first five configured lines are displayed on the phone with Intelligent Proximity disabled. For additional information, please see the Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and latest release notes.

or if you are no Standard mode change
Revert all Calls to Enable
When enabled, phone will revert to All Calls after any call is ended if the call is on a filter other than Primary line, All Calls or Alerting Calls.
      This is a required field.
      Default: Disabled
Show All Calls on Primary Line to Enabled
 When enabled, indicates that all calls presented to this device will be shown when the Primary line is selected.
      This is a required field.
      Default: Disabled

This should fix your problem
--