[cisco-voip] Unity Connection Mailbox

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Tue Jul 30 07:53:08 EDT 2019

So, I've been trying to make this less of a problem by encouraging the creation of functional lines and mailboxes, or call coverage (hunt/distro) to keep user mailboxes away from needing to be "checked" or handled by individuals. That doesn't work in all cases, but, by having something more generic you can steer away from user privacy issues as well by having PINs being shared.

9/10 times the customer wants someone to cover their extension for them. I have a prefix which can pin the call back off an ISR and into the system, so you're essentially forwarding it off system and back in. It can mess with other things to do that, but, it works for the handful of customers who need this done on a temporary basis just fine.

If someone has vacated a position I go with alt ext/translations or something to essentially tear down the station until a person is back, or offer to set the greeting not to take a message and have whomever record something that they should call some other number or update their contacts.

Somewhat annoying not because it is impossible, but because you have to build artifacts to accomplish it and then find those later.

Adam