[cisco-voip] E911 System

Lisa Notarianni lisa.notarianni at scranton.edu
Wed Mar 6 14:48:10 EST 2019

Hello All,

We are currently using SPOK as our E911 system in our Cisco VoIP environment.  We populate the data nightly through a provisioning tool called 2nd Nature.  SPOK also provides a desktop client to notify our police department of a 911 call plus a passive phone call for them to listen to and get a head start on the situation.

Our current system is end of support in December 2020.  We are considering an RFP since we have time.  I am wondering if anyone out there has had a good experience with any other E911 systems.

The downside to what we do today is probably the same in most cases - there is no redundancy because we cannot afford 2 systems and SPOK does not offer a full VM option since the dedicated 911 PRI runs through the server.

I look forward to your valued input.

Thank you,

Lisa Notarianni
Telecommunications Engineer