[cisco-voip] CallManager Route Pattern Regular Expression Calculator

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 18:26:27 EDT 2019

There's a few programming types on this mailing list, surely someone has
written their own utility for this; I know I have.

I wrote mine a few years ago, and have been enhancing it a little since
then, but it still has its quirks, and is written entirely for my own use.

I wouldn't mind giving the code away, after I clean it up, and fix some of
the bugs, but it might be more useful as a single serving website.  I'll
have to think about that a little bit more, because releasing an app to the
public requires a little more attention to detail than I have given this
tool so far.

Also, keep in mind that, how you type out your patterns is up to you;
personal style and all...

For example, even though this is valid, I would never use it:

7[01]5[89] = 7058, 7059, 7158, 7159

That might be considered the most condensed manner to express those ranges,
but it's not for me.

My personal mantra is, summarize from right to left, and as soon as you
cannot summarize a digit position, stop, and create a new range.

The above for me would be:

705[89]
715[89]

It's one more pattern, but it's easier for me to look at.

Anyway, again, I'll think about the single serving site, but hopefully
someone else has already tackled this, because I can just tell this will be
a lot of work to publish.

My Pattern Utility Teaser

[image: image.png]