[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 12.5 Licenses not loaning down.

Nick csvoip at googlemail.com
Tue May 14 09:02:52 EDT 2019

I have upgraded a client to 12.5.1.10000-23  who has also migrated to flex
knowledge worker, the licenses for Unity Connection have been supplied as
enhanced messaging and not basic messaging and my licenses are not loaning
down and out of compliance, according to the docs they should loan as
below, anyone come across this issue yet?

Cisco Smart Software Licensing supports license hierarchy, in which higher
level licenses are utilized to fulfill the request for lower level licenses
to avoid a shortage of the licenses. Following are the licenses included in
license hierarchy in an order from higher level to lower level:

Unity Connection Enhanced Messaging User Licenses (12.x)
Unity Connection Basic Messaging User Licenses (12.x)