[cisco-voip] UCCX Callback Script

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:18:31 EST 2019

Hi Tim,

I think the idea of a flawless script is in the eyes of the beholder.

I don't personally use the example script from the repo; are you talking
about the one here:

script_respository_902\script_respository\release3\BaseLineAdvQueuing\BaseLineAdvQueuing.aef

If so, there a few things wrong with that script.

For example, you said "...despite having Contact Inactive exception error
handling..."

Yeah, they setup an exception handler at the top for
ContactInactiveException, but then they never clear it, or reset it, and so
if and when the caller disconnects while recording their message or
listening to the "success" prompt, the whole thing falls a part and fails,
sending script execution down to the ExceptionCIE label.

Another thing wrong with it is that the waiting mechanism for the Agent is
such that it plays a relatively short prompt, waits 3 seconds for input
from the Agent, then repeats.

If you consider every application has a max 1,000 steps it can execute, and
you subtract off the overhead of just getting the call to this point (say
21 steps in the most streamlined of scenarios), that leaves you with 32
minutes to queue a call, otherwise the call will be aborted.  Since most
people are only interested in callback when they have queue hold time
problems, this is likely to cause more issues than it solves.

"...I’ve read that the Call Control Group and Dialog Group should be
different from the trigger on the originating application..."

Can you link the source?