[cisco-voip] DNS and LDAP Domain name change - current process node is IP

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Mon Nov 11 18:26:22 EST 2019

what are you trying to do? Do you need to add a domain name to UC servers that currently do not have a domain name?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 11, 2019, at 18:21, Nick Britt <nickolasjbritt at gmail.com> wrote:

A customer has had a domain name, this includes the DNS and the active directory integration. I am trying to pull together the necessary steps for each application.

Below is what I have deduced from the documentation so far

Change Domain name CUCM, Pub and Sub

The CUCM processNode name is the IP address (System - > Server) changing the domain name will have no effect on the CTL/ITL files as phones only reference the IP currently.
Remove each server from PLM and add back in post-change
Security certs will need to be re-signed by the root CA
Each domain name and DNS change will need to be completed independently and db replication status to be checked before moving onto subscriber.
Current Active directory authentication and LDAP authentication will be moved from one server to another. The usernames are the same between the the Active Directory domains so the device associations should remain when the LDAP integration is change between one AD domain to another.

Change Domain name IMP, Pub and Sub

Security certs will need to be re-signed by the root CA
Each domain name and DNS change will need to be completed independently and db replication status to be checked before moving onto subscriber.

CUC
Security certs will need to be re-signed by the root CA
Each domain name and DNS change will need to be completed independently and db replication status to be checked before moving onto subscriber.
LDAP is used to manually "import" user name/extension then the users are added manually
SMTP is used for voicemail to mail integration instead of unified messaging so no changes needed as the mail server details remains the same.

I've also seen reports of mgcp sccp gw's unregistering if relying on DNS but the IP is used for each MGCP registration.

I would appreciate a heads up if you have encountered any issues with similar changes.

--
- Nick