[cisco-voip] SIP Domain substitution

Dave Goodwin dave.goodwin at december.net
Fri Oct 4 12:09:04 EDT 2019

Are you wanting this to all happen within DNS instead of happening within a
SIP UA? As far as I understand, if DNS redirected somewhere (SRV or CNAME
record for example) it would not change the destination URI the originator
is trying to reach. The SIP protocol has redirection codes (such as 301 or
302) but whether or how you might be able to use them depends on the SIP
UAs being used.

You might also be able to use something like a SIP normalization script
(CUCM), SIP profiles (CUBE), or maybe search pattern replacements
(Expressway) to just translate the domain as calls flow in/out. I'm
guessing what might be feasible without knowing more of the picture.