[cisco-voip] best way to change device and user related information

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed Oct 9 08:13:25 EDT 2019

You for sure would have to touch UCCX if you change the end users around in the UCM at all in my experience.

Assuming everything was built properly with everything tied together, you should be able to get information from the end users about their associated devices and extensions.

I like pain so I would take an option one type approach where I'd:

-          Query for user IDs using LDAP since you can do that, or get a list of them of the users to remove

-          Pull the UCM data using AXL (or bat or whatever it doesn't matter) to get the associated devices, primary extensions, and ipcc extensions of the users you don't want

-          Update the sync to drop the users and wait for garbage collection or delete with dbquery

-          I would use AXL to delete the devices and directory numbers, but I don't know how you would do that with BAT if it does anything resembling a delete.

You could also try a dbquery to delete all devices where you drop all devices of class 562, 575, 503, 652 and fkenduser is null. Phones are a bit trickier but you'd know what they are from pulling that data earlier, so you can remove those with some method. At that point the DNs should show up on unassigned DNs and can be deleted from there.

Someone probably has a better way to do this. I know quick add will delete if you convert the user to local and then delete them, it prompts to remove the devices, but, that would be a pain for 1000 users.

Adam