[cisco-voip] Jabber 12.7 - Create Voicemail

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Fri Sep 13 15:08:22 EDT 2019

Good afternoon everyone!

As the Jabber 12.7 EFT has ended and the software is now out, I was updating my internal notes with the new release notes and something caught my eye you may want to look at.

In this version of Jabber you can create voicemail with a button to record a new message and send it. In some other versions you can use this forward voicemail but anyways.

This feature supports the ability to search the voicemail user catalog and includes distribution lists. Yes, you should not have bad names on your objects so users can't see them but I wanted to let people know that there is, by default, a system distribution list for both All Voicemail Users and All Voicemail Contacts.

You should review this document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/administration/guide/10xcucsagx/10xcucsag060.html

and move that to a partition that users cant search or build an access list before someone figures out they can send voicemail to all the system users - if you have distribution lists enabled.

Have a great weekend.

Adam Pawlowski
SUNYAB