[cisco-voip] Bulk Admin and Jabber

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Tue Sep 17 13:00:41 EDT 2019

I wrote in Ruby, it is a CLI script that just takes a parameter for an input CSV.

One of my missions here over the next while is to “learn” Python and migrate tooling there. Ruby was pretty easy and I’ve built some library code for dealing with users, lines, and phones. Python can’t be too much different than Perl, PHP, VB, any of that, it’s not as bad as TCL so I’m sure I can figure it out.

We have a number of scripts here for various things that our team can run from a jumpbox, but, as my stack gets better I would like to build these things into a web front end.

I have a small XMPP interface for some of these functions as well which is pretty useful to get information gathered at a glance.